Diploma in Physiotherapy Technician
- Minimum Qualification for Admission 10th, 10+2, B.A., B.Sc., B.Com. or any equivalent qualifications.
- Age : No age Restriction.
- Duration : Two Years.
DIPLOMA OF PHYSIOTHERAPY -INTRODUCTION
- Physiotherapy is a part of rehabilitative medicine. It focuses on the use of physical therapy, massages, physical movements and exercise to improve and cure injuries, deformities and diseases. Along with rehabilitation, some other important sections of physiotherapy are- diagnosis, examination and assessment of the condition.
- Unlike the traditional branches of medicine, physiotherapy doesn’t rely extensively on the use of drugs and medicine. Instead, it relies on the use of physical treatment to improve the situation.
CAREER PROSPECTS AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Job scope and opportunities are immense, when it comes to the field of physiotherapy. With age, people tend to develop bone as well as muscle problems. Physiotherapy, to an extent, can help cure such disorders and conditions. Thus, it is safe to say that physiotherapists may work closely with such patients.
- In case of India, the life expectancy is increasing. This means people will live on to age more and more. With old age comes problem related to muscles and bones. In short, what I’m trying to say is that physiotherapists won’t find difficulty in finding patients.
- Treatment of patients suffering from physical deformities is also a task that physiotherapists have to deal with. Deformities may be caused due to accidents or might have been present from birth.
- Patients, who’ve had surgeries (such as neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, broken bone surgeries and fractures) are subjected to rehabilitation after the surgery. Physiotherapists also play an active role during such rehabilitation phase of a patient. In fact there are clinics meant solely for the purpose of rehabilitation and physiotherapists may easily find a job in one such clinic. One may also start up one’s own physiotherapy/rehabilitation clinic too, if one has access to decent financial resources.
- Sports is another segment where physiotherapists may build a career in. Sport is one such field where physical activity (of moderate to high intensity) is involved. We all know that sportsmen tend to get injured. This is a common event in case of games that require high intensity physical activities (Football, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis etc). Sports teams usually have a physiotherapist in their staff to deal with such injuries and help players recover and rehabilitate. One may specialize in this field of sports science and take on such a role! One could also serve as an independent physiotherapist who caters to sportsmen (like a consultant). With such a qualification, one will also be able to find a job in high profile gyms and fitness centres!
- Physiotherapists are also recruited by Private clinics, Government hospitals, Private and Government Nursing homes, Community Health Centres, NGOs, Sports Teams and Franchises, Gyms, Fitness clinics etc.